Wednesday 21 September 2011

Coke incident

slug and letuceweb

The view from of the infamous coke incident in Bournemouth – this is our favourite eatery the Slug and Lettuce – We don’t get out much our son is 17 months old and a burger and chips done well is like a trip to London’s Savoy.

On this particular adventure we had waited three quarters of an hour for a pudding, which they didn’t have and I had to reorder. I leant on the table, as you do. I was playing with Sam and trying to keep him entertained when I removed my weight from the table all hell let loose. Deborah’s Coke ended up on the floor and over her. Deborah’s instant and vocal reaction brought the restaurant to silence and I was faced with the glares of a thousand women who were on-side with Deborah. Many a man will know the look I am talking about – it’s a look that says the sofa is yours tonight!

On a lighter note, the staff were very good and within seconds towels and a mop destroyed the evidence of the sticky sweat liquids presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment